April 5th, 2007
I just got home from my Living Well exercise class followed by a long meeting with a Social Worker. I’m too beat to do any work or write anything of substance (like, you know, I usually do) so I’m just going to point out some of the highlights of the past week.
- My friend Michelle and I saw the Polyjesters last Saturday and it was fabulous. As always.
- My friend Kim (Joi) from Red Deer came over on Sunday and brought 2 of my favourite things… Rock Star Soap and freshly baked sourdough bread. I thanked her by making her sit through the Trailor Park Boys movie. She stayed over, we ordered Chinese food, and my cats kept her from sleeping.
- I sent this card to a client, and within 10 minutes he called me to say he’d be by later with the last of what I needed from him to finish up. (”Point taken”. He was also laughing hysterically).
- I bought my first ever jar of Nutella the other day. That’s right, my first. Although I have had dreams of blissfully drowning in a vat of it, I have never actually bought my very own jar. Now I stand in the kitchen and just smell it… it smells just like Ferraro Rocher chocolates. OMG. Very good on pita bread, and will be gone momentarily. Which is why I have never bought my own jar, and it’s probably in my best interest that I never do again.
- I met with a social worker today who is going to help me through the process of getting my rent subsidized. Ohhhhhh, I hope I get it!! There is still some paperwork to fill out and proof of income to prepare, but everything should be ready to go next week. The guy at Calgary Housing is willing to advocate for me that I stay where I am rather than move into one of their already subsidized units. I can’t get a better place for me… and I’m not moving
unlessuntil it’s into my $2 million dollar Foothills Lottery home!
- Speaking of, the lottery is sold out, so I’m thankful we got our tickets when we did. I was going to wait until my cash flow was better, after getting paid for all this work I’m doing. I’m glad I didn’t!
- I’ll be going to the first Cora’s to open in Calgary on Sunday!! (If you recall, that was my favourite breakfast place in Montreal). I can’t wait! I hope it’s as good as Montreal’s and I can get that zucchini breakfast cake French toast dish with tons of fresh fruit (and Nutella for dipping. Heh)
- I have the cutest cats on earth, they make me laugh every day.
- I’ve been so busy, and neglecting to take care of myself in every other way because my brain is too fried and I don’t have the energy to care or do anything about it.
- I need a hair cut SO BAD.
- My brain is so scattered I forgot to refill the airtime on my cell phone before it expired (I missed by one day!! Argh!) so I lost about $60 worth of air time. Argh!
Okay, there’s your update. I’m off to eat something besides Nutella, and rest.